Wednesday, September 23, 2009

1970/07/04 - "Second Atlanta International Pop Festival", Middle Georgia Raceway, Byron, Georgia - The Jimi Hendrix Experience



Jimi Hendrix Experience
1970-07-04
Atlanta International Pop Festival
Middle Georgia Raceway
Byron, GA

Set List:

Intro
Fire
Lover Man
Spanish Castle Magic
Red House
Room Full Of Mirrors
Hear My Train A Comin'
Message To Love
All Along The Watchtower
Freedom
Foxy Lady
Purple Haze
Hey Joe
Voodoo Child
Stone Free
The Star Spangled Banner
Straight Ahead
Hey Baby (New Rising Sun)

Crosstown Torrents has the following sources available for download:

Vibratory Atlanta '70 3 Source Merge (Version 2.0)

1970-07-04 Atlanta Pop Festival stereo AUD (requested)

(ATM DVD 005) The Atlanta Reel - 1970-07-04



















Wikipedia Description:

The second Atlanta International Pop Festival was a music festival held at the Middle Georgia Raceway in Byron, Georgia. Originally scheduled for July 3 to July 5, 1970, it did not finish until near dawn on the 6th. It was the only successor to the first Atlanta International Pop Festival 1969. The event was promoted by Alex Cooley, who had organised the same event the previous year, as well as the Texas International Pop Festival

Like the Woodstock festival the previous summer, the event was promoted as "three days of peace, love and music." Tickets for the festival were priced at $14. Also like Woodstock, it became an "open event" when the promoter threw open the gates. An estimated 350,000 to 500,000, and possibly 600,000 people attended.

Performers included the The Allman Brothers Band, Jethro Tull (scheduled but did not perform, citing laryngitis), Terry Reid, B.B. King, Procol Harum, Jimi Hendrix, Chambers Brothers, Poco, Grand Funk Railroad, Captain Beefheart, Ravi Shankar, 10 Years After, Johnny Winter, John Sebastian, Mountain, and Spirit.[2][1][3] Jimi Hendrix played his rendition of the Star Spangled Banner for the fireworks around midnight on the 4th of July.

Check out a really nice site that details what occured at the second Atlanta Pop Festival here



Flickr user ejmc has graciously provided some amazing photos of this festival here























8 comments:

  1. I really like what you guys tend to be up too.

    Such clever work and reporting! Keep up the very good works guys I've included you guys to my personal blogroll.

    Here is my web site; movie forumz tv forumdisplay

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not sure where you are getting your information, but
    good topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.


    Here is my blog post movie discussion questions for les miserables

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's definately a great deal to find out about this subject. I love all the points you made.

    Here is my web blog :: remove virus charlotte nc

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need to be a part of a contest for one of the most useful websites on the internet.
    I most certainly will recommend this web site!

    Also visit my web page US real estate directory

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I'm really digging the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's hard to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you've done a great job with this.
    In addition, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Internet explorer.
    Outstanding Blog!

    Feel free to visit my homepage :: cartoon t-shirts for kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this piece of writing is nice, my younger sister is analyzing these things, therefore I am going
    to tell her.

    my page - research paper on depression

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just couldn't depart your website before suggesting that I really enjoyed the usual info a person provide in your visitors? Is going to be again continuously to inspect new posts

    Also visit my web-site :: homepage

    ReplyDelete
  8. What's up to every body, it's my first pay a quick visit of this web site; this web site contains amazing
    and genuinely good material designed for visitors.


    my blog - movie cheats

    ReplyDelete