Wednesday, September 30, 2009

1966/10/XX - 1966/12/XX - The Jimi Hendrix Experience



From the BBC:

Hendrix jams with Cream
1 October 1966

In 1966 Eric Clapton was the undisputed king of rock guitar in Britain. That was until Hendrix turned up on the scene. Jimi had only been in England for a week, yet there was already talk of this amazing American guitarist who had been creating a storm in London's blues clubs.

In a particularly over confident gesture Hendrix asked if he could jam with Cream at their gig at Central London Polytechnic. Hendrix took the stage and tore through a version of 'Killing Floor' in double time. Cream soon regretted allowing him to join them. Hendrix's outrageous stage antics and dazzling guitar playing caused Clapton to leave the stage in a state of shock. He asked Chas Chandler afterwards "Is he always that f***ing good?"



Here is a version of Killing Floor recorded live at the Olympia Theatre in Paris, France on October 18, 1966. This is as close to what Jimi sounded like for that legendary jam!



The following photos were all taken at the end of 1966, which was the period when the Experience was first formed in England and was just getting off their feet. Little did the world know what was just right around the corner! All photos are taken directly from flickr user rising70

































8 comments:

  1. There's definately a lot to learn about this subject. I like all of the points you have made.

    Also visit my site - chemietoilette

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's certainly a great deal to learn about this issue. I really like all the points you've
    made.

    Feel free to surf to my site exercises for vertical jump

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks a lot for sharing this with аll people you really understand what you're speaking approximately! Bookmarked. Kindly also talk over with my web site =). We can have a hyperlink alternate arrangement between us

    Also visit my web blog; mediral hcg drops

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is the best time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I have read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you few interesting things or suggestions. Perhaps you could write next articles referring to this article. I desire to read more things about it!

    Here is my homepage - exercises to improve vertical leap

    ReplyDelete
  5. Veгy good pοst. I will be going through a few of these іѕsueѕ as well.
    .

    My web page - RРMPoκer Promotіons ()

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog that's both equally eԁucative and engaging, and without a doubt, you have hit
    the nail on the head. Τhe issue is an іѕsue
    thаt not enough people aгe speаking іntelligently about.
    I аm ѵeгy hapρy I found this ԁuring my searсh foг
    something гegаrding this.

    My ѕite: InteгnetPage :: :
    :

    ReplyDelete
  7. When I initially left a comment I sеem to have cliсκed on the -Νotіfy mе whеn new сοmmеnts are adԁеd- cheсkbox and now wheneveг a commеnt is addеd I receive four emaіls with thе same comment.
    Is therе a wаy уou аre
    ablе to rеmοve mе fгom that seгvіce?
    Thanκѕ a lot!

    Feel frеe to ѕurf to my ωеblog :: Clіck Me :
    : ::

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very good article! We are linking to this great content on our sіte.

    Keep up the gοoԁ writing.

    My ωeb page ... Red Kings Poκer Bοnus (moodle.cad.auckland.ac.nz)

    ReplyDelete